users here right now: 2,368
PrequelMemes - Memes of the Star Wars Prequels
Memes of the Star Wars Prequels
Welcome! We have cookies and UNLIMITED POWER!
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
1. No metagaming
2. Don't be an asshole
3. Posts must be memes of the Star Wars Prequels.
4. Posts inappropriate for viewing in public, like at work, must be tagged NSFW.
5. No politics.
6. No edgy or inflammatory posts.
7. No brigading/encouraging brigading.
8. No encouraging subreddit drama.
9. No annoying bots or novelty accounts
10. No short-term reposts
11. No low-effort posts
12. No promotion
13. No misinformation
14. No spam
1. No upvote/karma/awards/subscriber related posts. These have become spammy and unoriginal, and give actual, original content less of a chance of being noticed. These posts will be removed. Posts that ask for karma/upvotes, also known as vote manipulation, will result in a post removal and a ban. Cakeday posts also fall under this rule.
2. No threatening or harassing other users, celebrities, YouTube channels, pet hamsters, etc. This includes being aggressive or impolite to other users, most likely from some sort of disagreement. We do not care who “started it” when a pair of users are acting this way. Just report someone if they are acting that way and we will handle it.
3. Posts must be, at least loosely, related to star wars prequels. "Prequel" refers to any media that takes place before the beginning of A New Hope. This includes new movies made post-Lucas, EU content, and video games. Note that single pictures of a character (e.g. "Just a picture of Obi-Wan") do not necessarily count as memes, and may be seen as a violation of Rule 1. Additionally, all posts must make an attempt at humor. All posts must be made from prequel-content or about prequel content.
4. Pornographic material is strictly forbidden on this subreddit as it is not an 18+ sub. NSFW posts are simply posts you might not show your grandmother. NSFW posts that are not porn should be marked as NSFW. Kids come here, use your head. If you wouldn’t be comfortable with a 12 year old on their iPad seeing your content, best to mark it NSFW to be safe. In addition to this, do not sexualize minors on this sub. Including that notorious copypasta.
5. Obi-Wan is not brave enough for politics, nor are we. /r/PrequelMemes is meant to be a refuge from the extreme political divisiveness you see on nearly every Reddit community every day. Even if an issue seems black and white to you, it is not to be discussed on the subreddit. As a result, we don't allow anything that would bring politics in. Politics is a sweeping term that includes international politics, non-political posts related to politicians, or anything else that is at all related to real life politics or social-issues.
6. No edgy/inflammatory posts. We have the moral high ground. This subreddit is not the place to joke about distasteful content that would offend a large percentage of the user base. This includes those edgy memes that involve autism or school shootings. /r/PrequelMemes is about humor for everyone involved. If your humor is derived from upsetting/mocking others, probably not a good community for you. With that said, we do not simply remove every meme that someone might disagree with.
7. Brigading, in reddit terms, is the encouragement of mass downvoting and invading of another subreddit. This is forbidden by Reddit's TOS, and, likewise, our rules. Brigading includes linking to subreddits and telling people to downvote their content. This also extends to things outside of reddit, like polls, videos, etc. Basically anything that constitutes a call to action. Brigading coordinated from /r/PrequelMemes or in the name of /r/PrequelMemes is subject to any repercussions on this sub.
8. Do not encourage or incite subreddit drama. This includes trying to start “meme wars”, trashtalking other subreddits, and encouraging others to start a war. Keep in mind that wars can only be started by the subreddit moderators, and has to be mutually agreed to by the other subreddit’s mods. Very similar to rules 6 and 7, but also applies internally to causing drama in /r/PrequelMemes. Causing drama could include being intentionally aggressive to other users, baiting users into breaking rules, etc.
9. No accounts, bot or novelty, that spam the sub or otherwise only occupy space on the sub without offering any actual merit. If your bot gets banned and you are willing to change it to meet our requirements, use mod mail to find out what needs to be changed.
10. Here are the requirements for reposts:
Posts must be at least 6 months old before you can repost them
It also must be 6 months since the last time it was posted
All reposts must be flaired to indicate as such
OP must provide the source of the original in the comments
11. This one is pretty simple. Post good memes that will make people laugh. Give it a good title. For the title, if you can't think of anything, slap on a loosely-related prequel quote and you are golden. Also, don’t put the caption in the title; the post must be a meme on its own if it didn’t have the title. This rule also prohibits screenshots. This includes text conversations showing someone's reaction to a meme and pictures of polls with the “I love democracy” macro slapped below it.
12. Do not do anything that constitutes advertising or promoting anything not officially associated with the subreddit. This includes posting links to them, giving instructions on how to find them, etc. This rule generally prohibits store pages, Youtube channels, Instagram accounts, other subreddits, and discord servers, although there are exceptions
13. Do not convey rumors in a way that would lead people to believe they are factual. Do not spread information you know to be false. If something might not be true, make that clear in your post. This includes anything from leaks to unofficial sources of information.
14. I cannot believe we need to make this a rule. It should be obvious. Do not post the same thing multiple times. Do not post a comment multiple times. Do not promote scams.
See the full rules, complete with examples, exceptions, and consequences, for more details.
Other Star Wars Meme subs:
/r/SequelMemes - /r/OTMemes - /r/The_Valkorion - /r/AnthologyMemes - /r/KOTORMemes
Other Star Wars Sub Affiliations
CSS by /u/Illummix
Want to use spicy emotes on this sub? Learn how to use them here