users here right now: 27,658
Antiwork: Unemployment for all, not just the rich!
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.
The Mythology of Work by CrimethInc.
The Abolition of Work by Bob Black
On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs by David Graeber
In Praise of Idleness by Bertrand Russell
Laziness Does Not Exist by Devon Price
January Reddit Talk Schedule
Wednesdays at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST
January 4 - Discussion Week: AI Art
January 11 - Dealing With Management
January 18 - Open Mic Night
January 25 - Inflation, Pay, and Cost of Living
Disclaimer: The r/antiwork moderation team is not responsible for content in national antiwork subreddits.
1. No discriminatory language or actions towards others. This includes racism, sexism, transphobia, ageism, ableism. No flaming other users (insulting, name-calling, using discriminatory language).
2. No trolling. Trolling means posting inflammatory content/posts in an attempt to sow unnecessary discord in the subreddit.
3a. No spam, no low-effort shitposts. This includes posts begging for upvotes. Please do not post unrelated blog spam or try to sell anything for personal gain. If you've posted content (especially if it's your own), give it a few days before posting again.
3b. No offtopic posts.
4. No right wing or authoritarian content. This includes pro-capitalist content.
5. No calls for violence, no fetishizing violence. Do not post content that encourages, glorifies, incites, or calls for violence or physical harm against an individual or a group of people.
6. Reposts. Any content previously posted within the last 30 days will be removed. Same goes for reposts from the subreddit's all-time top 30.
7. No politicians, no employers, no landlords, no cops. Do not post/crosspost content that supports politicians or their campaigns in any way. The same goes for supporting employers, landlords, or cops.
8. No sharing of personal information as it violates the Reddit ToS. Please note that this includes social media handles of people who are not notable public figures.
9. No text message screenshots. Text message screenshots are currently restricted to Sunday. To accommodate worldwide time zones, text message screenshots may be posted from 12 PM Saturday to 12 PM Monday (GMT).
10. No calling out other users or subreddits Do not leave Reddit usernames visible in screenshots or links. Do not post content with the purpose of antagonizing other subreddits.